The LNU Lightning Complex Fire, which includes 7 active fires in Sonoma, Lake, Napa, Yolo and Solano counties, has forced the closure of Interstate 80 through Fairfield as the flames have jumped the massive freeway. Evacuations are currently underway in the Vacaville and Fairfield areas, along with numerous other communities in the North Bay. The fire has already burned more than 46,000 acres and destroyed 50 structures.
#TRAFFICALERT: Interstate 80 (SOLANO COUNTY) CLOSURE DUE TO FIRE. I-80 from Air Base to Cherry Glenn Road in Fairfield, all lanes are blocked due to a fire. Motorists are advised to use alternate routes. #KnowBeforeYouGo #LNULightningComplex #SolanoCounty pic.twitter.com/Y0krhSMQL0— Caltrans District 4 (@CaltransD4) August 19, 2020
The fire has jumped the freeway, showing the fast growth of the fire in the heavily populated area. Here are the scenes from the scary fire at I-80:
Please avoid the area to allow evacuees to safely leave the area. Here are the updated evacuation orders from CalTrans:
LNU LIGHTNING COMPLEX EVACUATION UPDATE 8/19/20 4:00PM
The Lake County Sheriffâ€™s Office has issued an EVACUATION ORDER for residents living in and around Hidden Valley Lake and Jerusalem Valley areas of Lake County due to a Wildland Fire. This includes residents living North of Butts Canyon Road, South of Hofacker Ln to Morgan Valley Rd, East of Hwy. 29 and West of the Lake/Napa County line. Residents are advised that there is an IMMEDIATE threat to life and property from a wildfire, and are urged to evacuate. Please leave the area. If you are in need of shelter please proceed to a Temporary Evacuation Point (TEP) that has been setup at the old airstrip off of Hwy. 53 in Clearlake. You are asked to stay in your vehicle and wear masks when you arrive at the TEP. A shelter is being established and you will be directed to the shelter by staff at the TEP.
LNU LIGHTNING COMPLEX EVACUATION UPDATE 8/19/20 12:45PM
Walbridge â€“ Evacuation Zone 4B1 (Northern Forestville)All areas south of River Rd. from Martinelli Rd. to Trenton Rd.West of Covey Rd.North of Front St. / Hwy. 116East of Martinelli Rd.
Walbridge â€“ Evacuation Zone 2K2All areas south of Hwy. 101East of the Russian River to the Windsor Town limitsNorth of where Windsor River Rd. dead ends extending west to the Russian River.
Meyers â€“ Evacuation Zone 1E3All areas south of the Russian RiverWest of Bohemian Hwy.North and East of Coleman valley Rd. and Willow Creek Rd.
Meyers â€“ Evacuation Zone 1E1All areas south and west of Willow Creek Rd.North of Coleman Valley Rd. and Wright Hill Rd.East of the California Coastal National Monument (BLM property)
LNU LIGHTNING COMPLEX EVACUATION UPDATE 8/19/20 11AM
Highway 121 (Monticello Road) â€“ from Wooden Valley Road to Vichy Ave.
EVACUATION WARNING: The Evacuation Order on Monticello Road from Vichy Ave to Silverado Trail is now an Evacuation Warning.
Ink Grade â€“ from Pope Valley Road to White Cottage Road
Howell Mountain Road â€“ From Pope Valley Road to White Cottage Road
Extreme fire behavior with short and long range spotting are continueing to challenge firefighting efforts.
Hennessey Fire: Hennessey Ridge Road in Napa County, California. The fire is current 12,500 acres and 0% contained. 1 structure, 2 outbuldings have been destroyed.
Gamble Fire: Berryessa Knoxville Road, West of Brooks. Fire is currently 13,000 acres and 0% contained.
Green Fire: Near Putah Creek Bridge / Berressa Knoxville Rd. Fire is currently 8,000 acres and 0% contained.
Spanish Fire: Near Spanish Flat. Fire is currently 4,000 acres and 0% contained.
Markley Fire: Near Monticello dam. Fire is 5,000 acres and 0% contained. Morgan Fire: Fire is 2,200 acres and 0% contained
Wallbridge Fire: West of Healdsburg. The fire is currently 1,500 acres and 0% contained.
Myers Fire: North of Jenner. The fire is currently 25 acres and 0% contained.
NOTES: SAFETY MESSAGE â€“ The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions. Please continue to adhere to road closures and any evacuation warnings. A reminder to drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. There will be smoke in the respective areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If at any time you feel unsafe, please call 911.
Residents may experience very smokey conditions as the firefight continues. Smokey conditions can be unhealthful to many people especially children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- Highway 128 from Lower Chiles Valley Road to Monticello Road
- Highway 128 from Chiles Pope Valley Road to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- Chiles Pope Valley Road from Highway 128 to Lower Chiles Valley Road
- All of Hennessey Ridge Road.
- From Moskowite Corner to Wooden Valley Rd, Including the community of Circle Oaks
- Atlas Peak from the Bubbing Well Pet Cemetary at 2462 Atlas Peak Rd to the dead end
- From Loma Vista Rd / Soda Canyon Rd to the dead end.
- All of Steele Canyon Rd from Hwy 128 to and including the Berryessa Highlands Sub Divison
- Wragg Canyon Rd – from Hwy 128 to the end of the road, including Pleasure Cove Resort
- Chiles Pope Valley Road – From Lower Chiles Valley Road to Pope Canyon Road
- North of Austin Creek Recreational Area
- East of The Cedars
- Mill Creek Road west of the intersection of Puccioni Road
- South of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road
- South of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road
- West of West Dry Creek Road and Westside Road
- North of Sweetwater Springs Road and McCray Ridge Road
- East of the East Austin Creek (the actual creek)
- West of Meyers Grade Road to the coast
- South of Fort Ross Road
- North of Russian Gulch State Beach
- North of Austin Cree Recreational AreaEast of CedarsWest of Mill Creek Rd
- South of Stewarts Point-Skaggs Spring Road