Ways You Can Help the Victims of the Carr Fire
As the catastrophic Carr Fire continues to burn through communities in Redding, it’s estimated that 37,000 people have evacuated their homes. The fire remains out of control and coversÂ 44,450 acres, destroying over 65 structures and putting over 5,000 more at risk.
While the members of the community have come together to help one another out, there are also ways you can help the fire victims from afar. Here are some ways:
- The Salvation Army is currently serving meals to people who’ve evacuated to Shasta College. The organization is currently not asking for more volunteers, but you can donate to their fire relief page here.
Tri Counties Bank has pledged an initial $25,000 to a Carr Fire Fund 2018 in a verified GoFundMe campaign to help those impacted by the fires. Read more about it and donate here.
- Additionally, GoFundMe is consolidating all verified fundraising campaigns related to the Carr Fire in one place. Find more information on who is raising money on the platform and where the funds are going here.
- United Way of Northern California is accepting donations for its Shasta County Wildfire Relief Fund. Previous relief funds have gone toward individualsâ€™ needs as well as community efforts, such as rebuilding libraries and community centers, the United Way said. Donate to the United Way Shasta County Wildfire Relief Fund here.
- Shasta Community Regional Foundation is accepting donations toward its Community Disaster Relief Fund here. You can learn about how the fund will be used on its website.
- The Haven Humane Society in Anderson is extremely impacted by the fires, taking in over 500 additional pets in the last 3 days.Â They are in need of everything! Dog food, cat food, bottled water, toys, leashes, litter pans, crates, etc… If youâ€™d like to make a cash donations they can take credit/debit cards over the phone: contact Jennifer in the Development Department at (530) 241-5262.
- The Red Cross assists with fire evacuees and can always use your donations. To donate, you can donate by calling 800-RED-CROSS or texting REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.