A Guide to Watching the American Century Championship – Tahoe’s Famed Celebrity Golf Tournament
This week, the American Century Championship will descend on Edgewood Golf Course in South Lake Tahoe, continuing the tradition of the world’s most celebrated celebrity golf tournament on the shore of Big Blue. This year’s tournament features the strongest field from the world of sports and entertainment in the championship’s 33-year history, headlined by music icons, sports superstars and pop culture’s most famous celebrities.
Once again in 2022, the celebrities remain top of mind for both television viewers or attendees to the event. This year’s participants are headlined by Justin Timberlake, Stephen, Dell and Seth Curry, Annika Sorenstam, Patrick Mahomes, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Charles Barkley, defending champion Vinny Del Negro and first-time participants Colin Jost of Saturday Night Live, WWE Superstar The Miz, and singers/songwriters Nick Jonas and Jake Owen. The full field for the 2022 American Century Championship can be found here.
Stephen Curry, coming off another NBA championship with the Golden State Warriors, will look to add the ACC Championship to his long list of sports trophies. He posted a video of his practice round on Thursday to social media:
The 54-hole tournament begins Friday, July 8 and will last through Sunday, July 10. Television coverage will begin Friday afternoon. Here is the full television schedule:
Friday, July 8 Peacock, NBC Sports Digital 4-6 p.m. ET / 1-3 p.m. PT (Live)
Friday, July 8 GOLF Channel 7:30-9:30 p.m. ET / 4:30-6:30 p.m. PT
Saturday, July 9 NBC, Peacock 2:30-6 p.m. ET / 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. PT (Live)
Sunday, July 10 NBC. Peacock 2:30-6 p.m. ET / 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. PT (Live)
The event is a great way for the general public to see their favorite celebrities and sports stars on the shores of Lake Tahoe. General admission tickets are still available at $40 each. You can buy tickets here. Here are some guidelines for people attending the event:
– Gate Hours: Wednesday-Thursday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; Friday-Sunday 7 a.m.-2 p.m.
– Autographs: Yes. A limited number of autographs will be available at the celebrity’s discretion. Please limit requests to before and after play. Autographs are not allowed during the round.
– Selfies: No selfie sticks, selfies are at the discretion to the celebrity, not permitted during play.
– CLEAR Bags only: any type, style, size allowed as long as clear
– Medically necessary supplies allowed.
– Strollers, small diaper bag, and necessary baby supplies, breast milk/formula (infant must accompany these items) are all allowed.
– Water: one 16 oz. bottle unopened per person.
For all other details please visit: https://americancenturychampionship.com/.