The 2018 California Trout Photo Contest is now accepting submissionsÂ July 15 through August 31st! Share your best photos of Californiaâ€™s rivers, streams and creeks and your angling experiences. Photos can include fish, anglers or others enjoying California waters or be more scenic in nature. Enter today for a chance to win some great gear and be featured on the CalTrout website, social media channels, and in issues ofÂ The Current.
11 winners total will be selected. One Grand Prize Winner, one Peopleâ€™s Choice Award and 9 Best Photo winners.
Need some inspiration?Â Check outÂ last yearâ€™s winning photos here.
- GRAND PRIZEÂ â€“ 1 Winner
Photo featured on home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, Sage Foundation rod and 2200 Series reel with 20 lb. Rio line ($575 value).
- PEOPLEâ€™S CHOICE AWARDÂ â€“ 1 Winner
Photo featured on home page of CalTrout website, one-year CalTrout membership, CalTrout embroidered Patagonia Refugio backpack, CalTrout neck gaitor, and Echo Carbon XL rod ($300 value).
- BEST PHOTOSÂ â€“ 9 Winners
Photo included on Caltrout.org photo contest page, one-year CalTrout membership, Set of CalTrout native fish pint glasses and playing cards, and CalTrout trucker hat ($115 value).
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
Once the submission period has ended, CalTrout will selectÂ 25 finalists.Â From those finalists, our members and social media followers will vote to determine the Peopleâ€™s Choice Award winner and 9 Best Photo winners. CalTrout judges will select the Grand Prize winner.
Judging Criteria:Â Â Photos will be judged on how well they depict the spirit of California waters and/or the sport of fly-fishing as well as overall artistic merit (lighting, color, composition, etc).
- All photos must in some way be related to California rivers, creeks, or streams and the activities around them. Ideally, photos should have a horizontal format.
- Maximum number of entries: 10 per individual.
- All submissions must be submitted using the contest online entry form. (This will be available when the submission period begins on 7/15.)
- Photographs must be in digital format.
- Only online entries will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted.
- The photograph need not be taken with a digital camera; scans of negatives, transparencies, or photographic prints are acceptable.
- Digital files must be high resolution, 300ppi, file size 3MB or larger (at close to actual size) and must be in .jpg format.
- All entries must be received by midnight PST, August 31, 2018.
- If a person is in the photo, you must submitÂ a signed model releaseÂ forÂ eachÂ person depicted in the image.
For more information, go toÂ caltrout.org/photo-contest/