December has arrived, meaning people are donning their homes with Christmas lights, decorating their trees with ornaments and looking for every reason to enjoy America’s favorite holiday. In Northern California, we found the perfect way to celebrate Christmas this year.
Every Saturday in December, the Historic town of McCloud transforms its streets into a whimsical Victorian winter wonderland. This monthlong sip-and-shop includes wagon rides and carolers, along with a long list of weekly events, right under the shadow of Mount Shasta.
Each week will include different activities and new surprises for visitors. Here is a full schedule of events:
McCloud Victorian Christmas Schedule
Saturday, December 7
- Childrenâ€™s Weekend
- Macy’s Believe Campaign – letter writing to Santa station (Macy’s donates $1 to Make-A-Wish for every letter written)
- Marshmallowâ€™s on Main ~ Gourmet Sâ€™Mores
- Childrenâ€™s Craft Stations (11am to 4pm):
- Mercantile Bakery
- The Great Room at the Mercantile
- Cookie Decorating at Axe & Rose
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides
- Christmas Carolers on Main Street
Saturday, December 14
- Victorian Christmas Tour – Decorated Inns, Homes & Churches (11am – 4pm).
- Yuletide Bazaar including Macy’s Pop-up Store and local vendors (11-7pm)
- Marshmallows on Main – Gourmet Sâ€™Mores
- Holiday Paint & Sip at Merc Bakery (6:30 – 8:30PM) Register in advance at McCloud Chamber website
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, hosted by McCloud Hotel (11am to 3pm)
- Christmas Carolers along Main Street
- Dickenâ€™s Dinner – make reservations directly with McCloud Hotel (5-7pm)
- Scrooge Performance with Bennett Gale – make reservations directly with McCloud Hotel
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides, hosted by theMcCloud Hotel
- Surprise special event at the McCloud Mercantile. Details TBD.
- Roaring 20â€™s Prelude to New Year 2020 – make reservations directly with Axe & Rose Public House (6PM – 12AM)