Winter has arrived in Northern California, with a few snowstorms already draping the mountains over the past month. Of course, this gets us in the mood for ski season, and so are the NorCal ski resorts. Mt. Rose and Mammoth Mountain have already opened for the winter season, and more resorts plan to open in the coming weeks.
As the storms continue to roll into NorCal, ski season is finally here. So it’s almost time to knock the dust off your ski gear and get ready for another epic season on the mountain.
Here are all the opening dates for ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe region for the 2023-24 season:
- Nov. 9 | Mt. Rose (already opened)
- Nov. 17 | Boreal, Heavenly, Northstar California
- Nov. 22 | Palisades Tahoe
- Nov. 23 | Granlibakken Sled Hill opens
- Nov. 24 | Soda Springs, Sugar Bowl, Royal Gorge Cross Country, Tahoe Donner Cross Country
- Dec. 1 | Kirkwood
- Early Dec. | Sierra-at-Tahoe
- Dec. 7 | Diamond Peak
- Dec. 13 | Sky Tavern
- Dec. 15 | Granlibakken Ski Hill opens