Chico’s Sycamore Pool Opens for the Summer
Another summer staple is reopening in Northern California as Chico’s Sycamore Pool is now officially open to the public with lifeguards on duty through Labor Day. The opening marks the unofficial start of summer in Chico, California.
RELATED: 3 Bidwell Park Swimming Holes to Beat the Heat
The popular natural pool in Lower Bidwell Park is filled with the water from Big Chico Creek using an “inflatable dam.” The result is a developed swimming hole with lightly flowing water and stairs to enter and exit the cement pool. Surrounded by the big trees of Bidwell, it’s a perfect place to spend a summer day in Chico.
View this post on Instagram
The perfect summer day at Chicoâ€™s Sycamore Pool. ðŸ“·: @jessicanicolebartlett . . . . . #chicostate #chico #swimminghole #northerncalifornia #buttecounty #thefutureislocal #swimmingfun #chicocalifornia #swimlife #lowerbidwellpark #adventure #bidwell #naturelovers #swimmingday #csuchico #bidwellpark #exploretocreate #butte #california #sycamorepool #swimming #chicoca #explorebutte #lifeinchico #swimmingtime
Under current operations, lifeguard will be on duty Monday through Wednesday from 12 pm to 5 pm and from 12 pm to 7 pm on Friday through Sunday until August. The pool will be cleaned will every two weeks and officials are asking the public to take the following guidelines to avoid the spread of Covid-19:
- Not using the pool area if they have a cough, fever or other symptoms of illness
- Bringing personal use water, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant
- Not sharing swim gear such as goggles, nose clips or snorkels
- Practicing physical distancing at all times by:
- Maintaining at least 6 feet from others who are not a part of their household
- Not gathering in groups on the pool deck
- Avoiding physical contact with other patrons/participants