Take the Siskiyou Pledge For a Chance to Win a Free Trip to California’s Far North
Brought to you by Discover Siskiyou
There’s no question that Siskiyou County is one of the great areas of outdoor beauty in California. With waterfalls, lakes, rivers, and mountains surrounding a massive active volcano, there’s simply something for everyone in California’s Far North.
With growing outdoor tourism comes additional responsibility for those who visit the region. It’s so important to keep the great outdoors pristine, and that’s why Discover Siskiyou is offering a free trip for one lucky person who signs the Siskiyou Pledge.
The Siskiyou Pledge is helping keep the great outdoors in Siskiyou County wild, and it contains six items that all visitors need to agree to:
- Walk Only On Trails – I will respect Siskiyou’s wild landscapes and enjoy epic adventures while staying on designated trails and roads.
- Always Leave It Clean – I will keep Siskiyou pure by packing out my trash and properly disposing of my waste while outdoors.
- Never Take Souvenirs – I will leave cool rocks, sticks, and flowers where I found them for others to enjoy.
- Dogs On Leash – I realize that just because my dog is friendly, that doesn’t mean other dogs are. I will keep my furry friend on leash no matter what.
- Extreme Fire Caution – I will research whether campfires are permitted where I’m going, and will fully extinguish them by drowning with water and mixing with a stick to ensure all coals are thoroughly wet.
- Respect Other Hikers – I will move aside for uphill traffic, use headphones if I want to listen to music, yield to others when riding my bike, and say hello to everyone I pass.
People who sign the pledge will be entered into a contest to win a two-night free stay in Siskiyou County. Entrees will be taken until September 30. For more information and to sign the Siskiyou Pledge, go to discoversiskiyou.com/wander-above.